Conditions of Participation „Our Songs"
§ 1 Organiser and contact person "Our Songs"
This project is produced by the Alte Oper Frankfurt in cooperation with the Künstlerhaus Mousonturm. Participation in the project "Our Songs" and its implementation is subject to the following provisions.
§ 2 Participants
1. Participation is open to all persons, irrespective of nationality and mother tongue, who have their place of residence preferably in the Rhine-Main area, but in any case in the Federal Republic of Germany. In order to participate in the project, it is necessary that participants provide relevant information on their address and current contact details.
2. There is no right to participate. The organizers can admit or reject candidates without giving further reasons.
1. Participants can take part in the project with a song or a poem of their choice.
They are free to choose the pieces to be performed.
2. Application is made by sending an e-mail in German or English to firstname.lastname@example.org. This e-mail should contain a short curriculum vitae, the title of the song or poem to be performed (in the original language with German or English translation) and a short personal statement about the song or poem. A postal application is also possible. Please fill in our application form and send it to the following address: Alte Oper Frankfurt,
"Our Songs", Opernplatz 1, 60313 Frankfurt am Main.
3. All those selected to participate in the project will be invited to a personal interview with the director and his team before the performance. However, no further rehearsals will take place on site.
4. The performance of "Our Songs" will take place on Saturday, 26 March 2022 in the Great Hall of the Alte Oper Frankfurt. Travel and, if necessary, accommodation must be organised by each participating person at their own expense. In individual cases, travel expenses can be reimbursed upon consultation.
5. The project will be streamed live on the websites and social media channels of Alte Oper and Mousonturm. By participating in the project, the participants agree to the publication of the stream. The recordings will be available on-demand on the websites and social media channels of the organisers free of charge for two months after the event.
§ 4 Copyrights/rights of use
1. Participation in the project "Our Songs" is only possible if
a) the song or poem to be performed is in the public domain (because it is traditional cultural property or the author has been deceased for at least 70 years) or
b) the participant owns all rights to the song submitted, he/she has the unrestricted exploitation rights to the lyrics and music and there are no third party rights to the song or individual parts of it, or
c) the material is (still) protected by copyright and the author has concluded an administration agreement with the national collecting society responsible. In this case, the organiser (Alte Oper Frankfurt & Mousonturm) will take care of the proper settlement with GEMA.
If this is not the case, participation in the project is not possible. The organizer (Alte Oper Frankfurt & Mousonturm) will take care of the clarification of the copyrights/rights of use.
2. The participant grants the organisers, free of charge, the non-exclusive rights of use, unlimited in terms of space, time and content, to the works performed or ancillary copyrights arising in the course of the performance. This also concerns the right to the participant's own image and also includes the right to edit the recordings.
3. These rights of use shall include the right to reproduce, publish, distribute and make publicly available on the internet in analogue and digital form the sound, image and film recordings made of the performance by the participant(s). Furthermore, each participant grants the organisers the relevant rights of use to use and distribute the performed songs or poems for websites, social media channels and all other digital products (online and offline). This expressly includes uses for advertising purposes for the benefit of the organisers (Alte Oper Frankfurt & Mousonturm).
4. For persons under 18 years of age, the written consent of at least one parent or guardian is required for participation in the project and for the granting of rights.
§ 5 Data protection
1. Participation in the "Our Songs" project requires the provision of personal data. The participants assure that the personal data they have provided, in particular their address and e-mail address, are correct.
2. The personal data of the participants will neither be passed on to third parties nor made available to them for use without their consent. This does not apply to companies with which the organisers have a direct contractual relationship and which must collect, store and use the data for the purpose of carrying out the project. The participant has a right to information from the organisers regarding these companies.
3. The participant agrees to the publication of his/her name, place of residence (city/town) and the submitted application or parts thereof in the advertising media, websites and social media platforms used by the organiser.
4. The participant may revoke his/her consent at any time. The revocation must be sent in writing to the e-mail address email@example.com. After revocation of consent, the participant's personal data collected and stored will be deleted immediately. However, this will inevitably lead to exclusion from the project.
5. For the duration of the project, the participant's data will be stored in the company's own newsletter system for internal processing. After the end of the project, this data will be deleted, unless it was already stored in the newsletter system before the competition. No unwanted advertising measures will be sent during this period.
§ 6 Responsible persons/contacting
The following contact persons are available on the organisers' side:
Ulrike Voidel: firstname.lastname@example.org